Monday, November 2, 2009

RIP...

Yesterday night, I got the news of UTAR students drown during the trip to the waterfall near Kampar. It was an accident and god will to end the life of the 3 young students.


The news was reported in TheStar online and one of the report also include a link to one of the victim blog.


I think, I am among the earliest to visit the blog after his death as there is not much condolence written at the chatting board. I read through the blog pages by pages and notified that he love travelling and adventure activities. The last posting was done a few hours before the catastrophe. Well, no one predict what could happen next…


As sad as I was on his departure, the sadder I am was the nasty comment posted on his blog. Two hours after the report was make to public, the chatting board is full of mourner sad comment plus unwelcome nasty comments by minority of the visitors. The comments range from racist comment to words that hurt the victim family. What more sad was comment thrown to my university, which is also the victims alma mater.


UTAR have been an university that is philanthropy enough to give chance to student who have their choice of studies been turn down by the public university. Many have perceived UTAR as rubbish bin that accept any kind of student which is quite sadly. Been an UTARian, I know it was never an easy task to qualified ourselves into the university.


The administration requirement is the same as most of the local university or private institution. Examination standard is always monitored to ensure only the capable one are allowed to be graduated. The theory of 100% degree student will graduate never apply in UTAR as the non performing student will have to struggle additional year to complete the degree.


Been a university nominated by the Chinese due to its historical background, UTAR have been the center of criticism for been racist, bad command in English, and a rubbish dump for unwanted student. Sadly that is what the some of the public perceived who we are. Thanks god, the employer have a good eye and most of UTAR students are well acceptable in the workforce.


Although there is minority of people who hates the UTAR for many reasons, UTAR still able to produce quality students. No doubt, there is certain students who have bad command in English include me, but human are never perfect. How to judge good or bad?


Anyway, we can’t control everyone mouth….they can simply talk but reality is not judge by one or two person comment... I have faith and trust on my alma mater.


By the way, this might be the last post for the rest of the month….need to focus on study….will be back in mid of December……

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.