Sunday, September 14, 2008

Mid-Autumn

Of all many festival in Chinese Calander, mid-autumn always bring the most meaningful to me and maybe most of us especially during our "pre-mature" time...

Mooncake, lantern and candle is part of mid-autum festival...

I remember when I was small, we use to have whole village of children (all almost same age like me) having lantern parade by walking. Our latern shape is normally according to the latest trend such as ultraman, doreamon and mickey mouse....That is my era la....nowadays i saw those children playing with different shape and sizes....

During my age, I still remember we also like to play masak masak....We use 2 big stone as the stove and milo tin cover as the pan to cook....Our normal ingredient is leaves, grass and sometime flower...ahahaha....now after I rethink back, I feel it was quite childish..

Mid autumn is really about family reunion....time for children to enjoy thier time and get closer with all relative and friends....Enjoying mooncake, drinking tea and enjoy the full moon.

One other thing we always saw during mooncake festival is wat we call the devil horn or devil pod...is a kind of peanut that can be boiled and eat...Some also like to buy mini yam to eat....

Happy Mid Term Festival....

No comments: