Thursday, February 4, 2010

Today is Lap Chun

Lap Chun is the day where we mark the beginning of the Spring Season. For Chinese, Lap Chun is consider a very important date.

Lap Chun mark the beginning of everything. Baby who is born today will have Tiger as their zodiak although the new year is yet to come.

You may hear from most people that this year is a bad year because there is no 'chun' for the year....What is that mean?

According to Chinese lunar calendar that start on 14 February 2010, there will be no 'lap chun' for the whole year. The next 'lap chun' will occur after 2011 Chinese New Year. A year with a missing of 'chun' is consider a year without anything. This is why marriage is strictly not encourage by most of the Chinese because it was said that the couple getting married this year will have no children. How true was that? I am not sure.

During Lap Chun, egg can easily stand. There is certain timing that you can observe this special occasion but frankly I missed it out. Well, I manage to get a video as a prove from youtube.


It was also said that if you wear red colour shirt and bank in money today, fortune and lucky will follow you the whole year. Wealth will always smile to you.

So since today is Lap Chun, I go and low sang with my collueage hopefully everything will be sang sang mang mang, low hei low hei....

Happy Lap Chun everyone

No comments: