Saturday, November 17, 2007

My decision for my future

17 November - It was not just happy to see my friends on stage competing for the title of champion of Public Bank - UTAR Investment games, but it was also a memorable day in my life.

After going to few company for interview and some yet to come, i have already somehow decided to go to BDO Binders, the Big 5. I was call by Dato Gan but it was not a normal call. He almost make my tear drop...wahaha

He start with apologize for doing group interview where at that moment he was really looking at the grade and he did not realize my extra cocuriculum activities. He said that me and my committee deserve an appreciation for doing so many big events. He apologize for second time that he cannot offer me the same salary as with those who get 1st class honour. He added that he knew my result was dropping but my SPM result was not bad and even better than some of the others but what make me motivated to work there although there is slight different in the salary is that when he said "I believe you and those who is not first class can outperform the others as shown in your CV". He added that he will see performance as the benchmark after the probation status. He is really too good that I cannot rejected him.

He advice me to study hard and pass the exam so I can work in BDO. He also said that you can consider others if you get into other company and dun limit my choice. He also said that I can start working anytime any date. He advice that my parent had spent so much money just to see me success and even if I fail to get good grade, i must show to the parent that I can work very well. He also known that I get other offer as well and he is also happy for it. Dato Gan for me had been a good working person as we have done 3 events together and he was very please with UTAR students.

He ended the conversation but again thanks for my effort to bring student in and advice me to continue the hardwork in studies. He said he want to see me success as well as the others who went interview there. Is kinda weird that a managing director will spent about 10 minutes chating on the phone and give so much advice like a father.

With this conversation, i already been convince to work there....U can call me emo ppl...i was really emotional but most of the people who receive Dato Gan call will feel the same as well.

I believe this was faith and hopefully my faith will bring to success. I will gambate in the company....wahahaha....Hope my future is what i dream off...

3 comments:

Chong Zhemin said...

not bad what, congrats...

but my advice is - if can get better offer just take it up. dun commit to one single company too early.

all the best in ur finals. hope u get the results u desire. gambateh.

Aryan said...

hmm.... let see... its actually a great oppurtunity that u get but again as the other blogger tell u... if u get a better chance then just go for it....

Eddie Lim said...

for sure if i got other choice i will choose the best one...Currently i do have few to select and I still going for interviews but BDO seem to get my attention the most...hehe...thanks for all the advice