When I move from science stream to take accounting courses, everyone was shock. My mom was shock, my friends were shock,and even myself was shock by my decision. For me 2 main reason that change my mind; I hate chemistry, the main subject in science and secondly accounting future is brighter.
When I become the accounting society chairman, everyone come to me and ask why accounting? Why not economics, why not banking, why not business administration?
When I join audit, people ask me why audit? why not commercial? why not venture own business? Why would I work in "underpaid" sector?
All this questions, I personally have think it over and over again. In the middle of hard time during studies, where time I almost give up all my hope, I pause for awhile and rethink. Why would I divert my path from science to accounting? In the middle of working, where stress and disappointment, I pause and ask myself, why should i troubling myself working hard, taking full time class and making my schedule full?
My answer was easy, Accounting path is path for everyone. If you undecided where to go, Accounting can guarantee prospect in almost all line and all industry. Accounting is a profession that include all businesses. All business need to maintain account. All business to ensure cash flow and financially sound.
My answer of why auditing is audit is a never ending learning work. Everyday is new, everyday is a new day, a new learning, a new life. No doubt life in audit is suffering, suck and sometime you just want to give up your career and go for long holiday. But was make us stay is the valuable experience. The opportunity to see various industry operating, the reason why company making losses, the operation method that guarantee success of a company, the socialize opportunity with directors and manager.
Seeing friends in different industry, earning much more than me make me happy for them as well as some envy feeling. Nowadays when we saw each other, our custom will be shaking hand and changing business card. Life had enter into another stage. Another new life...
Everyone was born to be the same. Each one future was on our hand. Is on us to choose the path and make the path as the best path as what you wanted. For me, accounting is my line, audit is my field. How long will I stay? As long as i perceives I worth working as "underpaid slave" for my "overpaid millionaire"...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
That's why u not enough sleep. Busy updating ur blog. To me, i'm also in doubt why i join audit that's not really my first choice. why i study accounting that also not my 1st choice. Sometime i feel i cannot take it anymore but sometime i feel i would like to stay. That's wat i feel in audit. Don't give up
Hi Eddie!
Do you still remember me?
Vincent Low, last time always went to your house to find Bee Lien them one...
I'm in year 2 semester 2 now and what you wrote in this blog is the main problem always confusing me since i start studying accounting in Utar because i came from science stream...
Thanks for your sharing, its help me a lot...
Wish you all the best for your career!
Hey...Nice to see u all here...How are u vincent...haha
Whatever happen, always remember though u already decided accounting as your field, and yet you kinda regret, dun ever give up...account is a broad field and you can find the suitable job anywhere..
If you in audit, 3 worst year is normal...that is until you have 3 years working experience plus with your professional qualification and you will soar like a eagle....
i am from science stream...from secondary sch till form six...nvr have basic on accounting(touch a bit in kemahiran hidup), but end up study accounting in uni. not that i like accounting, at that time, i dislike lab work, that is the only recent i end up in accounting...my first choice somemore...but past is past...enjoy the present, prepare for the future.let's cheer for accounting~~~
^_^
Good post and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you on your information.
Brim over I agree but I about the collection should have more info then it has.
After read blog topic's related post now I feel my research is almost completed. happy to see that.Thanks to share this brilliant matter.
Post a Comment