Saturday, August 9, 2008

Olympic Spirit in office

9/8/08 about 12 hours after the opening of Beijing Olympic Games, here I am in the office blogging while finish up my poor little job...

Yup...8am in the morning, I arrive office with a shock. There is no car in the parking lot, nor there any people at the office lobby. I take the lift up to 13th floor where my office is located and what in my mind, I am 100% sure that there will be somebody in the office...

I know that yesterday evening, everyone is back early for Olympic and even the management had come and ask the staff to go back to give support to the games opening. I didn't know that the olympic spirit are so strong that there is still no one else in the office...

Yes....I am the first...Getting the opportunity to open the door of my office is .... erm.... I can say...."quite memorable"....hahaha...

Yesterday opening was excellent but not to the extend where I will cry for...I remember when Malaysia host the Commonwealth Games in 1998, I can feel the joy, proud and spirit of the game. Maybe I am too far to China or because my poor classic TV is not clear enough to make me fell the excitement.

It was now 8.20 and one by one colleague is coming in... Is Saturday today so not all people will be back office... Saturday is more like doing charity or voluntary work for the company. Maybe in another perspective, I will said it was Responsibility that bring us back to the office.

Ok la....Time to kick start my work...Let celebrate for Olympic and hope Malaysia will get the very first gold medal this year...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I watch the opening until tertidor in front of tv @@