Friday, June 6, 2008

The Effect

It seems to be a normal day today as I walk out to the LRt station. As expected the road is not as busy as before. Prediction that LRT would be full today was correct and I am glad that I went to the LRT station 15 minutes earlier than the normal day.
The effect of petrol hike had really given a huge impact for normal people. Almost every single man in the street feels the effect. The LRT service had been bad these few days especially the new petrol hike and subsidy been withdraw. This few days itself, the LRT had not come according to schedule especially the morning time. Air-condition is not been repair and people are squeezing like a sardine almost every morning and evening.

Today morning was really a chaos. Though I arrive 15 minutes earlier than normal time, I was shock with how pack was the station. The platform itself is not enough to fill in the sea of human. Is like a tsunami of human in LRT station. Pregnant woman, senior citizen and some school children and millions of working adult are all busy waiting for the LRT. It was so pack that I wanted to take out my phone to take photo is not convenience. I was stuck immediately after I pass the ticket counter.
First train come and I already know I will never go into the train. After 12 minutes the second train comes and all people are squeezing themselves into the train. It is hardly to see anyone can even go into the train already. Third train come and I thought it was my turn go get in since I was in front of the door. Once the door open, I was shock….It is so cramp that I don’t think anyone from my station is able to go in. One pregnant lady looks so sad so some of the people try to open so space so she can squeeze in.

Forth train arrives with even worst scenario. I don’t think I can even put in one of my leg in. It was so full that people inside is sweating so badly. Fifth train arrives after 1 hour of waiting and it was already 8.26am. It was impossible for me to arrive on time.

Arrive at office is another shocking. The sultan ismail road which use to be jammed up seem quite smooth. The traffic police can easily depend on the traffic light. The price hike in petrol had impact on everyone. Productivity in workplace drop as people arrives late to workplace. People start their early day by sweating and get frustrated with public transport and by the time they are in office, they are so tense up that it already affected the productivity in the office. Crime rate will sooner increase and people will start to suffer as people are getting poorer and purchasing power reduces.

No comments: