Monday, August 18, 2008

A free mind, A celebration, A sorrow depression...

After disclosing my deepest concern, deepest worried and my sadness to someone who had been there listening to me, I at last have a free of mind.

Today I do something stupid. I rejected a job offer which paid me crazily...No doubt I like the $$$, but I don't like the job. Imagine earning money which was like few thousand higher than my current suffering slave earning job. Arrr....No use to regret over something that I had rejected.

Today ACCA result out. 6 months from now, I will be same as those who waited their result today. Nerve craking...hand shaking... ACCA had been one of the most quality exam and also most suffering exam. 20-30 years ago, to pass ACCA exam, one have to lock himself in the room for one month just to pass the exam. Nowadays, thought it was much easier to pass and much flexible for the student, ACCA remain one of the most suffering, struggling and nightmare for future chartered accountants.

The result either convey happiness, celebration, relieve, OR sadness, sorrow, disappointment and moodless. Nothing come easily and thus to get the professional certificate, scarified is needed.

Congratulation to those who pass...Those who failed, don't be too sad. Failing is very very disturbing but life still need to go on...I did fail exam before..Some paper which I never thought I will fail. It was also the reason why I started to blog because I use my blog to release my sadness at that point of time.

I am also the same human who have difficulties facing failure. I still remember how I fail my advance tax paper in university and I was in Malacca doing my thesis. The bus journey alone from Malacca to KL was the most painful time where I cannot forgive myself for failing the unexpected paper. However, the painful journey is how I learn my most valuable lesson.

Since yesterday, I release what I had been keeping in my heart for months, my mind was really blank and peace. Now, I just hope to continue with my life and enjoy every single moment.

Anyway, this is will be my last blog posting about my work. I will no longer post anything about my work. Not even great news happen in office like "Oilcorp Audited by BDO"...Thanks for one group of reader who purposely read my blog to know what happen in real life of audit. I believe I have been giving a bad direction of auditing in some posting. Whether audit is suitable for anyone, it would be depend on each individual.

So today I learn my lesson...Today we celebrate success of ACCA, achievement, Olympic, and what ever good in ourselves...Today we also mourn for sadness and failure... Don't take long time to delete those sadness, stand up, walk again.

To all UTARian who pass in ACCA, congratulation... Those who fail and still have hope to continue ACCA, my advice, try again and again. ACCA is everything you need...Let suffer for a short period for a good, enjoyable long period.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

feel upset when i see ur this blog, bcoz i learned a lot from ur blog about the real life in audit, the current issues...
anything happen 2 u? y suddenly don't want 2 write work life in ur blog?
but anyway since tat u hv made ur decision,then gambateh lo
n gambateh 4 ur ACCA...



p/s:i'll still visit ur blog frequently

Eddie Lim said...

Nah...feel like writing my working life didn't add much value to the reader...Audit for me is fun and i really enjoy it...Minus out some emotional stuff, I can actually work audit for whole life...But things never happen as the one predicted and thus some dissapointment happen...

Anyway, audit is really an enjoyable and fun learning experience...Is depend whether how people perceived it...

From time to time if I do feel wanna blog about my work, I will does so, but for the time being, I think I wanna find other area that I can write about because I feel my blog was too emotional and too working based...Already work 24/7 so dun feel wanna spend more time on blgging working...hehe

Anonymous said...

why so sad???do whatever u want..we'll always support you..:)
happiness is in your hand..


Yoke ling @ ex-BDO