It had been awhile that I had not update the blog as I was kinda busy. So today while I was lying on the bed, yeah, i think i can write a bit on my past few days experiences and what will be coming up next in few days time.
Ok this might be the most anticipated blog post by some of my friends I gonna share about our graduation trip in Singapore and sooner about the future plan of mine..
As most of the reader might know that I had graduated (end of exam) on Wednesday last week, I took the opportunity of the few days holiday to visit Singapore, our neighbouring country. It was more to be a trip for me to compare and contrast between Singapore and Malaysia. As for those who had been to Singapore many many of time, you may find that I was a bit 'sua ku'....
here it goes...
Upon arriving in Malaysia custom, I found that Malaysia custom officer is barely doing their work. The did not check the passport nor scan our baggage, maybe because we are Malaysian so we just spent around 1 minutes to pass the custom check. The building was totally old and not maintained. Then we cross the Tebrau Strait and stop for the second check at Woodlands checkpoint where our passport is verify, stamped and our bag is scanned. Of course it look more professional and the building look new and well maintained. Once I stepped down to the bus stop of the custom building, I can tell the different between Malaysia and Singapore. The bus stop is well maintained, clean and everyone is queuing up not like our country where people will push each other to get into the bus.
The bus stop at Kranji MRT station where we took the MRT to Chuo Chu Kang. The first thing I saw in Kranji was the Singapore Turf Club. It look gorgeous and it was surrounded by trees and green grasses. It make me wonders why Singapore grass is so green compare to Malaysia...Yeah...some of my friends start saying that I keep on said good stuff of Singapore and forget about Malaysia...Yeah...found out more in the ending of this blog post to see whether I still believe that Singapore is the best place for me or not....hehe
To arrive to my friends house we can choose to take bus or walk or take lrt from chao chu kang station but we choose to take bus instead...We enter to Lot 1 shopping complex which was rather small compare to lot of Malaysia shopping complexes.
Night falls and we have our dinner at one of the food court in Chao Chu Kang and to my knowledge i know most of Singaporean eat at food court as there is not much kopitiam or mamak stall just like we have it locally. The food is just so so as they are really practising healthy lifestyle mean the food is totally tasteless..hehe...when to take bus to go to Night Safari and while we were walking to the bus stand I notice that they have community hall and center in every residential place. It was really stunning to see how huge and grand was their community center.
Night Safari was one of the best place to visit in Singapore. As it was a holiday season, there is a lot of people there. We queue almost 1 hour for the tram that will took us around the night safari. Firstly I thought the safari will be the zoo that will operate at night just like Malacca Zoo that I visited year ago. But...to my surprise, the safari is not the same as the national zoo and situated separately from the zoo. All the animal are allow to walk freely although the have their own area. there is no barrier between the animal and us. Maybe I didn't notice the barrier zone but some of the animal is so near that we can even touch it like the Tapir and dear. I was really fortunate to see a lot of active animal such as the Huge hippo and elephant. Not forgetting the tiger and lion that walk freely in their own zone. I was really shock to see the interior design and the environment of the whole zoo...It was really stunning as it does look like a real forest and manage to get our nerve on when we pass some of the area like the bat cave and so on....I wonder why Malaysian zoo is not maintain. The answer lies on the publicity as well as the sponsorship to the zoo. All the animal there is sponsors by organization and company such as SingTel and banks. Imagine their tigers is sponsors by Tiger Balm.
We went back after the animal show which was quite OK show...the animal is kinda tame and they get the audience attention. The trainer spoke excellent English too. However the animal do a lot of mistake..hehe...anyway, they are animal and so I believe doing wrong is ok as human did something wrong also. The things that I like the safari compare to the zoo or any safari in Malaysia is they really love the animal and do not torture them. Even the animal show, they did not force the animal to perform stupid show or make a fool out of them. we have to walk back from the mrt station as all the bus had already stop operating by 11.30
2nd day start with tour to the science centre at Jurong East. We spent almost 5 hours inside the building and look at all the gallery inside it. It does give me in depth knowledge but it was kinda boring as lot of the things there I already know or play before. Lot of the exhibit is also not functioning. The only things that is nice is I am able to see the real robot from Japan as they stop at the science centre to do promotion. It was really amazing to see how a robot can even do talk and even joke with human.
Then we proceed to Clarke Quay to see the river cruise. It was much the same like most of Malaysia River town like Pasar Seni or Masjid Jamek area except it look cleaner and more modern. The rain started to pour down just like the day before and that was the only challenge we face in Singapore. Then we take a bus to Raffles place and when to esplanade, the art and performance hall..Well known for its durian shape beside the river, it was one of the most magnificent structure in Singapore. Situated near to it was the Singapore Flyer which will be opening in next year. I do believe that it will be a better one compare to 'Eye on Malaysia' as it will give a better view of the marina and also sentosa island. Across the river from esplanade is the Merlion Park where it was the symbol of Singapore. After snapping some photo at the merlion park, we walk back to Esplanade to end the journey of the day and to have our dinner of course...
3rd day saw a more walking tour where we when to a lof of places. Start with Orchard Road, where we went to Tangs, Wisma Atria, Takashimaya, and row of plaza and shopping complexes. we went into the singapore visitor center and met Mr samuel who is on the internship. He explain about the tour and place of interest in Singapore. With his advice, we went to Bugis Junction and Bugis Street market. It was normal street market like the Petaling Street in KL but the seller is more well behave compare to those seller in Petaling street.
Then we went to Chinatown for night market, the only night market in Singapore as advertise in the brochure. We went to the Buddha Relic Temple and also had our dinner there...Then we proceed to Orchard Road again to snap the nice view. Although it was 8pm, the places is crowded as many people is awaiting for countdown. According to the information we get from the visitor center, there is a official countdown at the marina bay near to merlion park so we rush to the place to avoid the unofficial countdown in Orchard Road. To our horror, there is no official countdown for Christmas which mean we already been cheated by the staff at Visitor center..Anyway, we at last countdown inside the bus...wahaha....How good if we didn't go to the merlion park but instead stay at the Orchard Road...hehe...
Anyway that end the tour as the fourth day we rush back to Johore at the morning 7am. So what did I conclude between this 2 country...I would say is almost the same. The schools in Singapore is also better off than Malaysia...But nothing much nicer in that small island except the economic stability and peace environment. Not much crime happen there...But i still prefer Malaysia...Got the feeling of excitement...Malaysia food is nicer and we more tolerance. One bad things that I found in Singaporean is some of them are really bad temper and like to scold people very much for no reason...hehe...Of course I also found some Singaporean who really look down on us as the tourist...Anyway it was not the problem with the country but more to each individualistic...Malaysia vs Singapore, I think is the same...if Malaysia can have a good system, less corruption and more educated citizen, I believe we will be better off than them..
Fall sick once I reach Malaysia due to Food poisoning from Singapore...I believe is the fried oyster at Chinatown...hehe....
So what wull happen in this few days?? It would be packing and shifting to new houses at Sri Permaisuri and leave Sg Long...For my friends, please dun be sad or cry because we all still friends and we will be meeting again. It was a tear dropping moment for the separation time. This also happen in Johore bus stop where one of my friend, cry when they bid farewell there because each of them will not know when will they meet again....But friendship forever....Dun worries....I believe is distance will not be the wall separating us as friend...
What else?? ermmm....ehh....ya...will be entering job market next year.....hehe.. anyway...need rest as the oyster in my stomach is making me sick again...hehe...till then i will put out some photo when i m free...Luv u singapore...wahaha...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
lol... was unable 2 join u all during de trip 2 Sg cos we were bz tryin 2 visit as much plcs as possible, hahaha.. anyway, we did visit de same plc, but at a different time.. Sg's Nite Safari.. and indeed i agree de show is fantastic, tht's y dey received numerous awards, two thumbs up!! nyway.. de animals did not make any mistake actually, de owl, de small lookin monkey-type animal.. dey were trained 2 do it dat way to entertain de audience. i'd also just realized it after discussing wif zi yuan bout our trip in SG, hahaha.. dey did make it seem so real though..
Joo, my little didi, hehe..good luck in ur future undertakings k.. really miss de times we do asg 2gther, which in actual fact, all of us ended up jking arnd, gossiping n falling asleep at last.. hahaha..in de end, u did most of our asg 2 make up 4 de lost time, hahaha... de good old uni days.. Joo ah, dun ever 4get ur groupsmates k, n rmbr our flowers during convo k!! wakakaka..rmbr 2 keep updating ur blog k.. den we can keep track of wat u'd been doing, since ur life seems more interesting and xciting den ours, hahaha..
i guess tht's all 4 now, signing off now..
wahaha...the animal look cute la...some how i find the animal guest wrongly and got do some mistake lo..maybe they purposely la...but at least it was nice show la...hehe...
anyway...life working is nice...good luck in ur ACCA also...hehe...all the best to all of us la...
Post a Comment