Sunday, April 6, 2008

A disappointing assignment…

It had been a long time dream for me to at least try to perform audit work on public listed companies. Life sucks with this new assignment where I was allocated to Klang, my beautiful hometown. Everyone is expecting me enjoying my life in hometown with parent and sleep a bit late as I no need to rush so far to work….Everything was WRONG….totally WRONG.

I was so reluctant to come and I didn’t even want to pack my bag till the last minutes for departure. I sense something is not good…Yeah…It did…

Every day it seem to be the same cycle of life…Staying in the hotel didn’t make any different than staying in the jail…hehe…Every morning, I wake up thinking, oh the shit, is another new day… Have same breakfast (fried rice, fried mi hoon, chicken ham, baked bean, sausages and a cup of tea) what a boring meal…Imagine eating the same food for 2 weeks.

Every morning, arriving at client place, what I hope is the time for lunch to come. Entering the canteen pack with 1300 staffs, I hope dinner will come soon. As dinner come, I hope senior can release us earlier to go back hotel. Arriving hotel, take bath, read newspaper, see CNN news report and some office work, is time to sleep again….and again wake up to find it was another new day.

Friday also never seem to be a good day. While everyone is shouting “Oh yeah, thanks god is Friday”, we the auditor is thinking in mind “Oh My God, Is another Friday”. And the cycle just went on for 2 weeks to end up with another disaster. Oh yeah baby!!! We are coming back for another few days next week…
Saturday which suppose to be a weekend also turn out to be a disaster. Although my convocation was stuck in between those suffering period, it does not cheer me up. Frankly speaking, I don’t think I enjoy my convocation so much. I missed so many friends gathering, photo taking and others.
Time did pass by very fast. 4 years ago when I was in my pre-uni, I tell my friends, it will be a long journey before our graduation. 4 years later, here I am in working life while struggling to take some part time classes next few months. I know things will be more stressful, more suffering but it had been my choice so I have to take it as it comes.
People get older day by day and so do I. Another few days it will be a gold key celebration for me. Did not expect anything from me as I was broke so I don’t think I will have any huge party..wahaha…I never did in my life…lolx…Anyway, moodless nowadays and no feeling for celebration.
Few days ago, I went to the university to return the convocation gown and take graduation photo. Since that day I need to wait my colleague to fetch her back to client place, I have plenty of time to look on the picture. It allows me to think back what I had done in these 21 years of my life. Too many things I had achieve and yet too many coming for me to hunt. I realize how fortunate I am to have a supporting family and friends who always give encouragement for me to success in life.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Joo a..u so sad, make ur readers also feel so down jor..@@

birthday lai de, graduated at 21, so young, and working, u r so capable of doing so many more great things!!

compared to others still studying at 21..u r so so lucky, u know!!

Cheer up!! [THIS IS AN ORDER!!]